Monday, August 18, 2008

taking my b.a. to c.a.

"Busted in Nicaragua"

Approximately 1 year and 7 1/2 months ago, I began a blog.  It's title was even worse than it's content, and only those with the most finely tuned searching skills should be able to find it (okay, there's probably a link from this blogspot to it).  It was really me just writing a few sentences and some formatting in order to avoid studying for my final exam for middle eastern politics.  

Well, now I'm back at it again.

And maybe it will last longer than an entry and a half.

And maybe it won't link to Islamic political cartoon in which Anne Frank and a certain-you-know-who are lying in bed together.  (At least google that-it's totally worth it!)

This time, however, there will be a somewhat more focused approach:  a trip to Central America.

I leave August 26 for Panama City, Panama (as opposed to this Panama City).

My purpose?  Self-discovery (ha-which is white, upper-middle class code for buying time until I have to have any real responsibilities)

I hope to arrive in Guatemala City, Guatemala, in time for the 3rd America's Social Forum. The overarching goal of the trip is to figure out (with the help of my Cuban professor who is helping put on the forum) how I can do research for the Institute of Philosophy in Havana, Cuba.

My date of return is October 15.  (I wanted to make sure that I would be back in time for Rachel Reinke's 21st!)


No comments: